Whether you prefer pork medallions or chicken cutlets, this recipe is the perfect cold weather meal!
Pork Medallions with Cranberry-Pear Preserves
(Chicken Cutlets are a wonderful substitution too).
- Pork tenderloin/Chicken Cutlets
- 1 medium-large onion
- 2-3 tablespoons of Dalby Farm Cranberry Pear Preserves
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- For pork, remove any silver skin if need be – it will never get tender.
- Cut tenderloin (or chicken cutlets) into 1 to 1 ½ inch pieces; place cut side down and flatten.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add to hot skillet with butter and olive oil.
- Sauté 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove to a plate and caramelize onions.
- Add preserves and chicken stock; cook until slightly thicken.
- Add cider vinegar.
- Return medallions and rewarm.
- Serve hot; delicious when served over white rice!